INSPECTERTrains de mesures
EXTERNALISERServices de mesure
PROTÉGERSystèmes de signalisation
October 26th, 2018 – The MERMEC ERTMS/ETCS L1 system has become operative from October 2018 on the cross-border line Domodossola/Domo II – Iselle between Switzerland and Italy.
This is the first cross-border section included in the TEN-T Connecting Europe Facility policy to enhance European Interoperability and develop connections for passenger and freight trains with ERTMS/ETCS system.
The Project is included in the migration strategy from the existing Italian signalling system, namely SCMT (Sistema Controllo Marcia Treno), towards ERTMS interoperable solutions.
The project is part of the TEN-T 4th call project “2012-IT-60009-P” to demonstrate the interoperability between lines and on-board equipment, both ETCS Baseline 3.
The following project’s stages have been successfully accomplished before the starting of the commercial operation of the ETCS L1 LS + Euroloop with overlay of Eurozub system on this line:
• April 2015: MERMEC ETCS on-board system baseline 3 installed on Trenitalia vehicles
• October 2015: MERMEC ETCS Limited Supervision and Radio Infill installed on Domodossola – Preglia railway line
• December 2015: MERMEC and RFI completed world’s first dynamic test for Baseline 3 ETCS L1 Limited Supervision with Radio Infill; IOP test (Subset-076) for BL3 ETCS on-board system successfully completed at the accredited Multitel laboratory
• June 2016: on-field test with Eu Agency representative
• November 2017: authorization for the Eurozub system on the railway section Preglia-Iselle
• 25th October 2018: authorization for the ETCS L1 LS on the overall railway line Domodossola / Domo II – Iselle:
- First Italian application of ETCS system on the conventional lines
- First Italian application of ERTMS Baseline 3 specifications (BL3 Maintenance Release 1 in accordance with the Technical Specification for Interoperability in accordance with TSI 919/2016)