MERMEC diagnostic system is able to check the operating conditions of the Eurobalise, detecting any possible anomalies in the ground plants (i.e. degraded balise). Moreover, the diagnostic system tele-powers the Eurobalise processing the telegram received. It acquires and digitizes the major lobe of the balise radiation pattern as well as registers the "length of contact" intervening between the balise interception and the bit stream receipt (telegram acquisition).
The diagnostic system "Acquisition and Processing Unit (AUPU)" is able to measureevaluate:
- distance between balises
- functioning status of balises
- functioning status of encoder/cables connected to balises
- type of detected balises.
The AUPU unit contains a database storing the following information:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Request Brochure
- all information points (IP)
- for each IP: type, balises number and typology, related plant
- all telegrams associated with each balise.
- Balise Unique ID
- Location information
- Balise Telegrams
- Protocol decoding failure alert
- Balise information failure alert (inconsistency between acquired and expected data)
- On board equipment response
- Lobe of radiation
|Definition of ETCS (European Train Control System)
||An automatic train protection system (ATP) to replace the existing national ATP-systems; ETCS is one of the two basic components of the European Railway Traffic Management System (ERTMS).
|Definition of SCMT (Sistema Controllo Marcia Treno)
||An ATP (Automatic Train Protection) system used to protect the train while running with reference to the signal conditions, maximum velocity allowed by the railway line and that allowed by rolling-stock.